Want to join a team of driven and innovative people who are passionate about new technology and the culture sector? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are seeking a driven Windows System Administrator to join our international technical operations team.
We are a global company with offices nestled in large and small cities across the globe. We serve libraries, museums, archives, schools, publishers and retailers in 58 countries. Our innovative digital platforms transform the way these organisations work, helping them manage their collections, encourage reading, preserve cultural heritage, improve learning and increase engagement with the public. We develop innovative digital tools to transform the way they work and connect with their audiences. We do this from 28 offices globally, with headquarters in Sweden.
We offer a dynamic fast-paced workplace where you develop both as a person and in your profession, and where you get the opportunity to be involved and contribute to Axiell's success. At Axiell, we believe that employees who feel good also perform well. We have a culture that is characterized by energy and commitment, where we together build the products that help our customers achieve their goals. We are a secure employer with collective agreements and we invest in various types of employee benefits and joint activities.
Primary Responsibilities\Job Duties
- Day-to-day responsibility for one of our data centers
- Maintain and support company’s existing IT Infrastructure
- Administer Windows Server environments
- Perform Backup and Recovery Operations
- Perform Server Hardware Maintenance (i.e. Patching, Upgrading, Replacing, etc.)
- Create and maintain documentation for the existing IT Infrastructure
- Provide support for Applications, Servers, Network, User Accounts, Permissions, etc. to Internal Team Members and External Clients
- Anticipate future resource requirements
- Participate in and contribute to the wider improvement strategy
Technical Skills Required
- Windows Server Administration (AD, DNS, File Server, Terminal Services, Group Policies, WSUS, IIS, Scripting, etc.)
- Storage System Administration – NAS/SAN (Storage Groups/Pools, RAID, SMB/NFS, CIFS, ISCi, etc.)
- Virtualization – VMware/Hyper-V/KVM (Provisioning VMs, Backup/Restore, Import/Export, etc.)
- Good Understanding of Networking (IPv4/IPv6, Firewalls, VLANs, DMZ, Gateways, Subnetting, etc.)
- Enterprise Servers and Equipment Maintenance (ISCi, HBAs, HDD/SAS, Racking and Cabling, iLO/IDRAC, etc.)
Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience as a Windows System Administrator
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Information Technology
- Knowledge of good security practices
Key Competencies\Individual Candidate Requirements
- Must have the willingness and ability to take initiatives
- Strong on documentation
- Organized, reliable, and highly dedicated
- Possesses a high tolerance for stress and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Some travel is required (2-6 times/year), mostly to support on-site work at our data centers.
- Ability to explain technical issues or new concepts to non-technical customers is a good merit.
- The ideal candidate has a background with work in a structured environment. He or she has seen and participated in important infrastructure life cycle activities like commissioning and migration.
- The position is full-time.
- We offer the possibility to work partly from your home office if you want.
For the right candidate, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you find our proposal interesting and you meet the above requirements for the position, please don't hesitate to apply.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.
Axiell provides software and services which help organisations to organise and share culture and knowledge with the world. Our solutions help our community of global customers to manage their collections, encourage reading, preserve cultural heritage, improve learning and increase engagement with the public.
We work in partnership with our customers in 55 countries from libraries, museums, archives, schools, publishers and retailers. Together we develop innovative digital tools to transform the way our customers work and connect with audiences.