At APSIS, we imagine a world where nobody gets a single spam message ever again.
Our vision is to help our customers communicate better with their users by allowing them to use their customer data more effectively. To reduce noise through better and more specific targeting; to add relevance by making each message personally tailored; to send the right message on the right channel at the right time and nothing else, so that we as consumers get a better experience in our inboxes.
Our new APSIS One platform is built from the ground up using brand new cloud-native technology and methods.
APSIS aims to work at the forefront of technology and development. We follow modern agile practices with cross-functional DevOps teams, where each team assumes complete technical and operational ownership of their applications, including not only implementation but full architectural design and tech selection, QA, continuous delivery, and technical production environment operations. We believe in small, highly skilled, highly empowered and autonomous teams taking maximal ownership of their systems.
In a typical day this role will be working as part of such a team, working in close collaboration with their team members and other similar teams in Stockholm, Malmö, Warsaw and Russia, and with their Product Owner. The team has its own backlog of stories and tasks that the developers participate in the writing and refining and prioritisation of, and then work together to bring all the way to production. APSIS dev teams also have “20% time” where the team works outside the product backlog on tasks of their own choice.
- As part of the development team, implement new features and solve engineering challenges in a modern, cloud-native, microservice-based tech stack.
- Take an active part in team development, knowledge sharing and improvements to increase team velocity and developer quality of life. We love automation and delivering customer value often.
- Respond to disruptions and proactively work to prevent such from occurring in the first place. The position includes a weekly rotating on-call duty, which also includes additional time off.
- 3+ years professional development experience with a robust software engineering background
- Professional experience with at least a few of our main tech stacks, like .NET Core, Go, Node.js, Typescript, Relational DBs, Document DBs, Git
- Professional experience with building solutions with a cloud provider, AWS preferably or similar (Azure/GCP)
- Interest in and ability to work hands-on with managing your own cloud infrastructure on a daily basis
- Creative and solutions-oriented, someone who enjoys tackling big challenges and is not afraid to learn new things along the way
- Strong sense of responsibility, someone who enjoys taking ownership of your work and who prides themselves on always delivering high quality
- Collaborative mindset, ability to work as part of a very distributed development organisation where many small teams need to coordinate
Apsis' primary backend technologies
- .NET Core, Go, Node.js + TypeScript
- Microservices architecture with AWS native services and Docker
Apsis' primary frontend technologies
- Angular (8 and 10) with TypeScript, Jest and Jasmine, SCSS, Redux, RxJS
- This position is mainly focused on backend, but frontend experience is a merit
Bonus points for
- AWS certifications or equivalent evidence of advanced AWS competency
- Experience with distributed systems, queueing systems, event driven architecture
- Professional experience with building SaaS software
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, github actions and similar
- Experience with Authentication/Authorization, JWTs
- Experience with high performance / resilient microservices architecture
- Experience from integration with 3rd party vendor systems
- Experience with REST API design, development and consumption
- Frontend knowledge with Angular, Jasmine, ngrx is considered a merit
If you find our proposal interesting and you meet the above requirements for the position, please don't hesitate to apply.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.